Buyback and Return Policies
Book Buy Back Policy
- Student ID required.
- The Bookstore cannot guarantee the buy back of any books at any time.
- We pay 50% of the current new price for books to be used in the coming term. Overstocked books do not qualify for the 50%.
- If student owes the college money then buy back funds are posted to student's account.
- Textbooks not purchased at the FVCC Bookstore are not eligible for Book Buy Back.
- The best national wholesale prices available will be offered for books which are not in use on our campus or are overstocked.
- Study guides, books with questions and answer spaces filled in and reproduced materials are not bought back.
- Book buy back periods are limited to the week of finals.
- Books classified as old editions and out-of-print may have no monetary value to the Bookstore or the used book dealer; you may want to keep them for reference, or donate.
Return Policy on Books
- Books must be returned during the first two weeks of class for a full refund.
- All refunds or exchanges require the cash register receipt -- No exceptions.
- Be sure you return the book immediately if:
- You have the wrong book.
- You dropped a class or class was cancelled.
- You decide you don't need the book.
- Price stickers must be left on textbooks.
- After the first two weeks of the term, textbook returns must be made within three days of purchase for a full refund.
- Textbooks purchased for short interim or late starting block classes have a three day return policy, three days from the beginning of the class.
- New books must be in mint condition.
- No marks or blemishes.
- Clean pages.
- No folded corners --No exceptions.
- Caution: Do not write in a new book until you are sure it is the correct text book.
- Any defective new or used book must be exchanged at least 4 weeks before finals.
- New textbooks which are shrink wrapped may not be returned if unwrapped.